[SR-Users] 4.4 compiler warnings on debian jessie

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:15:05 CEST 2016

Hello Juha,

we try to address the warnings as soon as possible, but sometime is a
matter of resources. The author of the tlsf code is Camille, which may
have some vacation, be traveling or really busy with other things -- it
is less than one day since you reported. Also, others may not have
immediately access to the OS distro you reported issues for. E.g., I
didn't have the time anyhow, but I don't get those warning using clang
on my devel system.

On the other hand, you can push patches fixing those warnings, in case
you can assert the fix. It is an open source collaborative project, it
is not necessary to wait for the initial developer to fix something that
you consider to be important. The master branch is open for everyone and
it is not hard to revert if one developer has amendments or something
against a patch.

On 11/05/16 13:58, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> I have not got any comments about getting rid of 4.4 compiler warnings
> in mem/tlsf_malloc.c.
>
> I'm afraid that if such warnings are tolerated, it will soon be
> difficult to distinguish real problems from all the warning noise during.
>
> In my opinion, a sign of high quality software project is that no
> warnings are produced during compilation.  Baresip is an excellent
> example of that.
>
> -- Juha

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com