[SR-Users] SIP / WebRTC / GSoC proposals

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Tue Mar 29 11:59:36 CEST 2016

On 28/03/16 22:56, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> no much spare time (which I guess everyone lacks of, anyhow), but
> ultimately I could assist a bit someone that is going to work with C
> (eventually C++) and/or WebRTC -- not doing much of the Java these days,
> I will let that for others. I was mentoring for GSoC two times in the
> past, if not big changes to their platform, I should remember making my
> way through it not that hard. So I could give also hand to someone that
> want to be a mentor for first time.
>
> Is there a place where we can check and see if enough mentors have
> volunteered to the projects? I am on FreeRTC, just wondering if there is
> a place summarizing what happens there...

I've asked potential volunteers to add their names here:

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/Projects/Voice%20Webcam%20and%20Chat%20Communication

The students have a diverse range of interests and the aim now is to get
mentors covering those areas.  You are welcome to look at details of the
proposals (see my emails off list) to understand the students and see if
you are interested.

If we have a group of mentors then we can aim for a ratio of 2 mentors
per student, this makes things go a lot more smoothly too.

Regards,