[SR-Users] Kamailio forward REGISTER return "general error"

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:46:17 CET 2016

On 07/03/16 21:43, Cockhootec Yahrabee wrote:
> The problem was in invalid nonce value as you can see from the debug
> message
>
>  0(3411) DEBUG: auth [api.c:136]: auth_check_hdr_md5(): auth:pre_auth:
> Invalid nonce value received (ret 2)
>

> I was debugging for a while and I was also analyzing pcap dump when I
> realized that kamailioB was forwarding and both replying for the
> REGISTER message eg. UA answered first for 401 Unauthorized from
> kamailioB with it's nonce which was of course on both kamailio's
> invalid (kamailioB does not have UA registered and kamailioA was
> expecting different nonce). This was happening over and over and it
> was unable to sync the nonce's so I was getting 401 Unauthorized over
> and over.
>

> After that i just simply add exit() after the forward(), kamailioB
> stopped responsing for the REGISTER and everything started to work.
>

> I hope that this response will help in the future someone who forget
> to exit after forwarding the request :-)
Good it was found and solved -- following up with the solution is very
much appreciated, as you already said, it is a building a valuable
knowledge base on mailing list archive that can be searched by people
with similar problems.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference, Berlin, May 18-20, 2016 - http://www.kamailioworld.com