[SR-Users] Kamailio forward REGISTER return "general error"

Cockhootec Yahrabee cockootec at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:43:25 CET 2016

The problem was in invalid nonce value as you can see from the debug message

 0(3411) DEBUG: auth [api.c:136]: auth_check_hdr_md5(): auth:pre_auth:
Invalid nonce value received (ret 2)

I was debugging for a while and I was also analyzing pcap dump when I
realized that kamailioB was forwarding and both replying for the REGISTER
message eg. UA answered first for 401 Unauthorized from kamailioB with it's
nonce which was of course on both kamailio's invalid (kamailioB does not
have UA registered and kamailioA was expecting different nonce). This was
happening over and over and it was unable to sync the nonce's so I was
getting 401 Unauthorized over and over.

After that i just simply add exit() after the forward(), kamailioB stopped
responsing for the REGISTER and everything started to work.

I hope that this response will help in the future someone who forget to
exit after forwarding the request :-)

Thanks anyway