[SR-Users] Removing Via and Record-Route headers

Matthew Harrold matthew at marrold.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 02:41:17 CET 2016

Thanks for your quick response.

No, you can't remove those headers. They serve an essential purpose and the
> endpoints won't consider the requests or responses valid without them.

It should be theoretically possible to remove some of the via and
record-route headers, assuming the contact is also re-written. The end
point's (phones) themselves do not need to be aware of anything downstream
of the SIP server they're registered too.

> See my blog post on this topic:
>

> http://blog.csrpswitch.com/sip-udp-fragmentation-and-kamailio-the-sip-header-diet/

Thanks for the link!