[SR-Users] Removing Via and Record-Route headers

Marrold kamailio at marrold.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 02:26:19 CET 2016

Hi,

Is there any way to remove Via and Record-Route headers from requests sent
to an endpoint and update the contact header, but have Kamailio statefully
remember where the replies need to route?

I imagine this would involve mangling the packets slightly to behave
similar to a B2BUA.

My motivations, in order of priority -

1) Reduce UDP packet size to avoid MTU limitations
2) Improve interoperability, don't expect end points to be able to properly
parse / process many via / record-route headers
3) Hide topology.

If someone could point me in the right direction in terms of configuration
or modules, that would be great.

Thanks