[SR-Users] change the to_tag on send_reply() or sl_send_reply()

Uri Shacked ushacked at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:37:08 CET 2016

*I tried sl_send_reply(), send_reply() and t_reply() (after
t_newtran() for the last one).*

*all did not work.*

*if i send reply before the cancel arrives, yes, no problem.*

*but i want to reply to the cancel with 487, and it does not seem to work.*

*the only differences between my reply and the 487 destination's
reply, is the to_tag and the Cseq method (Cseq number is the same).*

*the destination's 487 to_tag is similar to the 180/183 to_tag that it
sent prior to canceling and the 487 Cseq method is for the INVITE.*

*on the reply i generate th Cseq method is CANCEL.*

*any ideas?*

*thanks,*

*Uri*

>It should work to send the 487 with any To-tag, because the call is not
>answered yet and the proxy can do parallel/serial forking, where there
>are various tags anyhow and only one is picked up in normal case.
>
>Have you tried to just send the 487 reply with send_reply()? Wasn't working?
>
>Cheers,
>Daniel

Why would you want to do that? Curious.