[SR-Users] options_reply() - ruri contains username

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Mar 2 18:20:30 CET 2016

Hello,

This may have been discussed before, but when options_reply() from the
siputils module is used to respond to OPTIONS requests and those OPTIONS
requests come in with an RURI containing a user part, the following
error is emitted to the logs:

    LM_ERR("ruri contains username\n");

No reply for the OPTIONS ping is given in this scenario.

OPTIONS pings against a username are very common, and I can find no
justification for this check in my interpretation of RFC 3261 scripture.
According to Section 11.1 ("Construction of an OPTIONS request"):

    An OPTIONS request is constructed using the standard rules for a SIP
    request as discussed in Section 8.1.1.

Moreover, the example request line given in that very section is:

    OPTIONS sip:carol at chicago.com SIP/2.0

Might it perhaps be agreeable to remove this constraint? Or is there
some rationale for its presence that I have simply failed to grasp?

Thanks!

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)