[SR-Users] Kamailio Behind TCP Load Balancer

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 07:16:51 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 23/06/16 12:57, Colin Morelli wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Yes it is actually terminating and opening a new connection.
>
> I don't need HAProxy for anything at the moment, I was mentioning it
> for its support of the proxy protocol which enables applications to
> get source address information behind TCP load balancers.
>
> I'm not so much worried about the speed of kamailio - I'm confident
> it's quite fast. But for every piece of infrastructure I need to stand
> up, there's another opportunity for failure. Being able to use an ELB
> at the edge lets me place some of that hard work on Amazon, who has
> already thought of things like DNS load balancing, multi zone
> failover, etc.
>
> I think it'd be great if Kamailio could support something like proxy
> protocol to allow this scenario to work (it's just a single line sent
> right after a TCP connection is opened)
I haven't found any need myself for using haproxy, and as we work as a
community adding features as one needs them, if someone will submit a
patch for support of haproxy, will be considered, of course. Personally
I have no haproxy around, so not something that I quickly look further
at such feature.