[SR-Users] TM Module t_suspend question

gmele giovanni.mele at nagra.com
Fri Jun 10 10:41:01 CEST 2016

Hello,

we are using the TM Module* t_suspend *function in our kamailio to suspend
transactions (mainly INVITE requests). We do this as we send some push
notification to the callee that will force it to re-REGISTER. Once we get
the REGISTER, we resume the transaction with a *t_continue()*.

If the callee never re-REGISTER, the FR Timer will terminate the INVITE
transaction.

This is working fine for us when the callee has a phone that can receive the
push notification.

Now, we want to be able to contact users having multiple devices: phone and
desktop VoIP clients. The problem with current implementation is that if we
wait for the re-REGISTER from the mobile phone, we may never send the INVITE
to the desktop VoIP client if the mobile phone is shutdown.

So, I'd like to now if it is possible to set a timer to the t_suspend
command which will automatically resume the suspended transaction (without
issuing  an ERROR like the FR timer is doing)? I didn't see such possibility
in the TM module, but is there another way to implement this?

Hope I was clear enough

Regards

Giovanni