[SR-Users] Conditionally calling TOPOS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:54:05 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 18/07/16 11:42, Nathan Ward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it make sense to put this topic in a seperate message, though this is very much the same scenario mentioned here: http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2016-July/093864.html
>
> I would like the ability initiate topology hiding only for certain messages - i.e. on inbound calls, I would like my Kamailio ‘SBC' to retain the routing information for inbound requests, but strip it for outgoing requests - so that I can see the full path a call has taken to reach and then traverse my network all the way to an egress SBC but then this is all stripped before forwarding the call to a 3rd party (i.e. customer, or carrier).
>
> I note that this isn’t possible at present, but I’d like to take a stab at the code, perhaps designating ‘trusted’ IPs for which topology hiding doesn’t take place.
>
> Before I embark on this, is this something that would be considered useful, or is there a good reason to have full topology hiding that I’m missing?
I have it in my todo list to add the ability to do some filtering rules
when to apply or not topology stripping -- actually even for topology
hiding module, which reveals that was not a real high priority here as I
didn't had really a need for it. In one occasion when I did need it, the
platform was using edge proxies, so we added one dedicated for the
traffic that needs the topoh, the rest being directed to the other edge
proxies. You can do that even on same server, by running kamailio on a
second interface or same net interface but different port.

I was also considering simple ip matching rules, then thought of
actually triggering an event_route where one can use modules such as
permissions to decide to apply or not topology rules.

If you want to contribute some code here, you can go for one that works
easier for you. Later can be enhanced if someone needs more.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org