[SR-Users] Conditionally calling TOPOS

Nathan Ward kamailio-sr-users at daork.net
Mon Jul 18 11:42:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

I think it make sense to put this topic in a seperate message, though this is very much the same scenario mentioned here: http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2016-July/093864.html

I would like the ability initiate topology hiding only for certain messages - i.e. on inbound calls, I would like my Kamailio ‘SBC' to retain the routing information for inbound requests, but strip it for outgoing requests - so that I can see the full path a call has taken to reach and then traverse my network all the way to an egress SBC but then this is all stripped before forwarding the call to a 3rd party (i.e. customer, or carrier).

I note that this isn’t possible at present, but I’d like to take a stab at the code, perhaps designating ‘trusted’ IPs for which topology hiding doesn’t take place.

Before I embark on this, is this something that would be considered useful, or is there a good reason to have full topology hiding that I’m missing?

--
Nathan Ward