[SR-Users] Custom header on reply is removed on t_relay

David Wilson dw at zaq.com.au
Mon Jul 18 11:20:45 CEST 2016

Hello All,

We have a Kamailio proxy (P1) and a custom client (A).

Calls are working reliably with A communicating directly with P1.  When A sends INVITE to P1, in some cases, we insert a custom header ‘X-Routing’ in the reply.

Now, testing with a new, additional proxy (P2) between these two:  A -> P2 -> P1

A sends INVITE via P2 to P1,  P1 replies include X-Routing header field (confirmed by logging message buffer received from P1 by P2).

However, the reply relayed from P2 to A does not contain the custom header.  P2’s reply_route block only contains logging code and I’ve checked for calls to remove_hf.

I can’t find documentation or code to explain why the header is omitted.  Is there a module config parameter that I can set to preserve custom headers?

Any suggestions welcome!

Regards,
Dave Wilson.