[SR-Users] RTPProxy Issues

TEG AMJG tegamjg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 07:59:21 CEST 2016

Hi again

Yes, i feel very dumb because i actually faced this problem in my testing
with SIPp and with Asterisk before and it was all about open file
description. I probably didnt think about it because I couldnt find
anything in the logs about it which it is quite weird, the only thing that
logs is the one mentioned before, I feel sorry for wasting your time but at
the same time i have to thanks to you guys for helped me out.

Best Regards.

Alejandro

> Yes, that's probably it. There should be also some error in the log that
> rtpproxy emits, so you might want to check that. I see people run into this
> from time to time, perhaps we need to check and put out a big warning in
> red if the OS limit appers to be too low?
>
> -Max
>
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Nathan Angelacos <nangel at nothome.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 07/17/2016 05:49 PM, TEG AMJG wrote:
>>
>>> Dear list
>>>
>>> I am quite new to Kamailio and i have been able to solve some NAT
>>> Traversal issues with symmetric SIP+RTP putting kamailio+rtpproxy behind
>>> NAT, i am also load balancing some asterisk boxes for transcoding and some
>>> other services like voicemail. Also i am using SIPp for load testing
>>>
>>> Now the question is that, while everything is working great with NAT
>>> (even when i am using SIPp for testing with low load) when i am about to
>>> test it with more than 150 calls or something i am starting to get the
>>> following error:
>>>
>>> /kamailio[34549]: ERROR: rtpproxy [rtpproxy.c:2735]: force_rtp_proxy():
>>> incorrect port 0 in reply from rtp proxy/
>>>

>> A guess, but each call takes 4 file descriptors, so you might be running
>> into the normal os limit of 1024 open files per process.
>> Recent rtpproxy versions have the -L option to increase the limit. It
>> should be 4 times the number of concurrent calls you expect to handle.
>>
>> Again, just a guess.

-
Saludos a todos