[SR-Users] Kamailio know which Interface Packet would route out

Loic Chabert chabert.loic.74 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:08:54 CEST 2016

Hi,
Interface selection is done by kernel when routing lookup is done, no ?
If you have the same destination and multiple interface to reach it, kernel
will chose the best one (according metric values).

If you want to force trafic to go through an interface, interface must be
attached to different routing table (rt_table), and with ip rule command,
you can select  routing table for this packet (using packet marking).

Another recent kernel feature is VRF:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/vrf.txt

Regards.