[SR-Users] tsilo ts_append problem

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:26:01 CEST 2016

Hi Giovanni,
glad that I could help you :)
About your questions:

sip.instance:
I've pushed in a branch (
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/tree/grumvalski/ts_append-instance) a
change in tm t_append_branches function. Can you give it a try and let me
know how it works for you? The change is really trivial, maybe too much.
Basically I just add a comparison between the current checked branch uri
(already added) and the current uri to add. If after testing everything
looks fine we can merge/backport it.

DB backend for tsilo:
it doesn't have too much sense to store the tsilo data on db for several
reasons:
1) it cannot be useful for restarting kamailio, because anyway after a
restart all transactions are gone
2) it cannot be useful for replication scenarios since tm transaction are
not replicable and only the proxy holding the transaction can add branches
on it

For replication scenarios I'd suggest another approach. Given that, as
said, the transaction is on a specific server and that the ts_append call
is triggered by a REGISTER, let the REGISTER itself reach the proxy where
the transaction is stored.
If you have only two proxies you can simply t_replicate all the REGISTERS
between servers. If you have multiple and/or you want a more sophisticated
logic, you could rely on htable and dmq to have a distributed table of
ongoing transactions and selectively replicate the REGISTER.
Kamailio is flexible :)

Regards,

Federico