[SR-Users] [SR-USERS] Kamailio issues with Asterisk Voicemail

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Jul 6 11:42:46 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 01:06:31PM -0400, tegamjg wrote:
>>> The other question is that i actually though that you need asterisk
>>> to have users configured in sipusers realtime table to associate
>>> their mailboxes, which i dont have since those users are stored in
>>> the subscriber table of kamailio. So am i still able to configure
>>> voicemail like you are doing it by syncing with the voicemail
>>> table?, i really hope so haha
>>
>> I forgot that fact. So yes I have a realtime sip users list (with
>> host=dynamic,type=friend,insecure=port,invite, name/mailbox the
>> kamailio username, no password (this machine is not directly
>> accessible from outside))
>
> Sorry, I think i rushed the last answer but if you could answer that
> one would be nice
>
> How are you handling the calls? Just with kamailio/rtpproxy?

Kamailio as loadbalancer/registrar server with rtpengine (always).

UAC <-> loadbalancers (kam.) <-> registrars (kam.) <-> voicemail (ast.)
    <-------> rtpengine <------>

> Because i am also using asterisk for calls with dial application and
> for nat issues (with kamailio behind nat) i am using also
> kamailio/rtpproxy for outside. All this with just handling users
> (registration and location) in the subscribe and location table of
> kamailio.
>
> That is why i am not using sipusers table of asterisk because of nat
> was behaving weird using it that way.
>
> Could it be possible to use both tables without expecting a different
> behaviour? Or is not, in the end, a good idea and i need to keep users
> in sipusers table?

Don't know, you have to try to see what happens. Difference in my
asterisk setup is that I don't define the kamailio machines as peers
except for the redirection servers (outbound only), everybody get access
as "guest" and use dialplan logic instead. Defining people that want
voicemail as users might screw with your peer for kamailio.