[SR-Users] Issue with userblacklist module after 4.4.2 upgrade

Tim Balmer t.balmer at edutel.nl
Tue Jul 5 14:07:37 CEST 2016

Hello,

We are running Kamailio version 4.4 and have our sipproxy servers configured to do auto updates within te same major version based on a 4 weekly schedule (we have 4 sipproxy / Kamailio servers). So this morning as expected the first of our sipproxy servers automatically upgraded from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2, unfortunately after this update we have issues with the userblacklist module.

The problem is that with the 4.4.2 release every number is now matching our userblacklists although it is not really blacklisted. After some digging in the logs I found this is probably because the userblacklist module is looking for the wrong database table. With every check_user_blacklist call I see errors like this appearing in the logs:

Jul  5 13:24:03 tel-dev-01 [err] /usr/sbin/kamailio[2834]: ERROR: db_mysql [km_dbase.c:128]: db_mysql_submit_query(): driver error on query: Table 'kamailio.<number>' doesn't exist (1146)
Jul  5 13:24:03 tel-dev-01 [err] /usr/sbin/kamailio[2834]: ERROR: <core> [db_query.c:132]: db_do_query_internal(): error while submitting query
Jul  5 13:24:03 tel-dev-01 [err] /usr/sbin/kamailio[2834]: ERROR: userblacklist [db.c:68]: db_build_userbl_tree(): error while executing query.
Jul  5 13:24:03 tel-dev-01 [err] /usr/sbin/kamailio[2834]: ERROR: userblacklist [userblacklist.c:277]: check_user_list(): cannot build d-tree

I replaced the real number with <number> in the log output but it seems like the userblacklist module is now looking for a database table with the name of the number to check against. On our development server I tested setting the global userblacklist_table parameter and also passing the table parameter within the check_user_blacklist call but both are not making any difference.

After downgrading the sipproxy back to 4.4.1 everything is working as expected again so it looks to me like a bug in the 4.4.2 release. Is anyone else experiencing the same issues after the 4.4.2 upgrade or is it just me doing something wrong?

Best Regards,

Tim Balmer