[SR-Users] topoh quirk with 200 OK for CANCEL

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 20 17:04:35 CET 2016

On 01/20/2016 11:01 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> But you reminded me that I should highlight again that private replies
> to mailing discussions are unlikely to be followed, going in the common
> folder (no longer filtered by mailing list rules), where I have a lot of
> unsolicited emails and I don't check it often -- searching now the
> [sr-users] prefix on subject shows couple of hundreds there, so if
> anyone replied directly to me to a mailing list discussion without being
> advised to do so and wants an answer, better resend to mailing list.

Yeah, I know. And I agree with you one hundred percent on the reasons
for why threads should be kept public consistently.

Sometimes there are packet captures with customer proprietary network
information or other topology information, however, and replacing with
fake values is not always easy. In some situations, the original values
can be integral to the problem. In those cases and in those cases only,
I may send something privately.

If you insist, I can post the CANCEL-200 OK exchange with proprietary
topology redacted.

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)