[SR-Users] dispatcher state x and the return of the probing mode

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 22:10:44 CET 2016

Hello,

to complete: if you want destination to not to be pinged anymore and not
used for routing, you have to disable (deactivate) it, not to set it in
state inactive. There are three states:

- active
- inactive (at any time can become active based on ping activity)
- disabled (it is going to be ingored for pinging as well)

The x is as Dmitri said, just a placeholder to say no flag is set there
and have always the output being two chars.

On 13/01/16 16:08, Dmitri Savolainen wrote:
> hi. Sven.
>
> 1.  Have you set modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_mode", 1)? If so,
> it will be moved to PROBING mode after  ds_ping_interval
> 2. 'X' means  "not any set". just a cross ;)

> <mailto:neuhaus at tyntec.com>>:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     when trying to set a destination to inactive using
>     dispatcher.set_state
>     after setting the state to "i", when I do a "dispatcher.list" I
>     see the
>     state as "ix". The "x" state appears not to be documented.
>
>     After a short time (seconds) the flags return to state "ip" (probing).
>     According to the module documentation I should be able to set the
>     "probing" mode.
>
>     1. Why doesn't probing mode remain disabled?
>     2. What is state "x"?
>
>     Cheers,
>     -Sven

> Savolainen Dmitri