[SR-Users] Panning next major release - v4.4 - ds_ping_interval

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:33:15 CET 2016

It is always possible to propose new feature, but not guaranteed they
will be in a release.

Usually, not to forget about them, we used issue tracker to collect
these proposals. However, if there are going to be many of them, we may
end up with a overloaded tracker with new feature requests. In that case
we should consider using a wiki page where anyone can add content.

But probably at this moment it is still ok to use the tracker on github,
not having too many items in it.

On 08/01/16 11:54, Sven Neuhaus wrote:
> Oh, is it time to wish for things? :-)
>
> What we would like to see is the ability to globally pause all OPTIONs
> checks (set ds_ping_interval temporarily to 0 at runtime).
>
> We have a master/slave setup and the slave is failing its pings because
> it has no network access and it fills the log with errors.
>
> In the long term it would be really nice to be able to share ping status
> between multiple instances of Kamailio servers so when the slave takes
> over for the former master it already knows the status of all remote hosts.
>
> -Sven

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu