[SR-Users] Add Record-Route on 200 OK

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:44:41 CET 2016

Hello,

just to complete a bit about Via vs Record-Route: the reply received by
Kamailio will have only the addresses of the hops from Kamailio to the
sender of the request (caller). But if there are hops between Kamailio
and callee, those addresses are no longer in Via headers. Via is used to
route reply back to the caller and needs to be the addresses from
current hop towards the caller.

So even if you try to use Via addresses to rebuild the Record-Route that
is not going to work.

Also, in many cases, Record-Route headers carry special URI parameters
that are very important for the node that added Record-Route (like
dialog ids, masks for From/To updates, etc).

Therefore you should not add a record-route for a node in the path of
signaling that you don't control and you don't know what expects to be
there.

The right fix is in UA side to properly mirror Record-Route headers.