[SR-Users] Help

Barış Şekerciler baris.sekerciler at outlook.com
Sat Feb 27 11:08:02 CET 2016

Hello Kevin,If I understood properly you want to build a system which authenticates users and routes the Asterisk servers for communication.
First, Kamailio supports the routing, balancing and authentication. For example we use Kamailio and Freeswitch. Here the how its work:We have 1 Kamailio server that makes routes and balancing issues.First client goes to our Kamailio servers:
Client -> Internet -> Kamailio (authentication) (address, asked for communication)
After that, Kamailio looks the Freeswitch servers, which is free for routing.
                  (sending)Kamailio -----------------> Freeswitch Server                  (user req)
After routing proccess, Kamailio fade from the scene and clients start communicate with themselves via Freeswitch servers.
BTW, our Freeswitch servers and Kamailio servers stay on different servers. Of course you can serve on same server too.If I understood properly, you can do it like this. If I did not, you can give more details for understanding :)
Regards.
Barış.From: kfpelletier at connextek.ca