[SR-Users] [4.2.6] Keep-alive sent by dialog module seems does not refresh the dialog...

Jack Wang antirazin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 07:40:26 CET 2016

Hello,

I used the below settings to test the keep-alive function within a dialog:

modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", 60)
modparam("dialog", "ka_timer", 10)
modparam("dialog", "ka_interval", 30)

and use dlg_set_property("ka-src") or dlg_set_property("ka-dst") to send
OPTIONS to caller or callee.

A few questions to ask:

(1) What's the difference between ka_timer and ka_interval?

     I read the
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/dialog.html ,
     but still can not understand very clearly.
     I know the ka_interval means OPTIONS will be sent after 30 seconds
when dialog started or last keep-alive has been done.
     but I don't know how ka_timer works.

(2) From the packets captured I can see server sent OPTIONS and the client
(caller or callee) sent back 200 OK.
     According to the document,
     "The dialog timeout is reset each time a sequential request is
processed"
     However, the dialog was still timeout, it seems that the timeout value
was not reset.
     And I make the clients send the OPTIONS and frequently , the dialog
never expires now.

     So the refresh only works on the keep-alive sent by clients not the
server here?

Thanks :)