[SR-Users] Installation issues

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 09:18:51 CET 2016

Hello,

kamailio is in the default debian stable repository -- you should just run:

apt-get update
apt-get install kamailio kamailio-mysql-modules
apt-get install mysql-server

Edit /etc/kamailio/kamctlrc and set the database engine to MYSQL, adjust
other settings there as you want.

Run:

kamdbctl create

Edit /etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg and enable the features you want.

Edit /etc/default/kamailio to enable starting kamailio, then run:

/etc/init.d/kamailio start

On the other hand, can you point of what guidelines you followed and you
couldn't complete? What are these "2 sets of paths involved in
documentation/procedures plus a reference to a 3rd which caused a
complete failure "?

On 22/02/16 05:40, Ed Todd wrote:
> I tried installing the pre-compiled version of 4.3 under Debian and
> had all sorts of problems. I found there were 2 sets of paths involved
> in documentation/procedures plus a reference to a 3rd which caused a
> complete failure when the directory referred to was missing. I ran
> into more problems when I tried to access my server from outside my
> network (static IP). So I thought I’d bite the bullet and install from
> source. I get to the bit where I am creating the database and even
> more errors:
>
>   * cannot connect to local mysql server
>   * kamdbctl.mysql 112: unary operator expected
>
> In one part of the procedure it refers to db_mysql and another to
> mysql. Is there a simple installation guide around anywhere which will
> help me get around all these problems? All I want is a Debian with
> KAMAILIO running on it!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://miconda.eu