[SR-Users] rfc: kamailio.cfg polishing for v4.4

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Feb 20 02:05:50 CET 2016

On Tuesday, February 09, 2016 08:45:23 AM Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> wondering if people feel it is need to polish the current default
> kamailio.cfg, to prepare the version for next major release. It can be
> browsed online at:
>
>   - https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/etc/kamailio.cfg
>
> It is mainly about very common scenarios that are encountered out there
> and we should deal with by default. Have in mind that there are the
> basic and advanced versions of kamailio.cfg in the etc folder. Also, I
> am looking for tunings for core parameters and module parameters that
> make the config more suitable for common use case.
>
> Speaking of those extra config files, I think the kamailio-advanced.cfg
> and kamailio-basic.cfg should be deployed in shared doc folder, not
> being active configs upon default installation.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

It would be nice to demonstrate consistent coding style, spaces, etc.

if(...
if (...

And maybe this is more a wish for proper advice than cleanup, but I'd love to
see the config show the recommended use of rtpengine_manage() (not rtpproxy)
in the branch_route and decouple rtpengine from NAT, as it can bridge between
significantly more than just internal/external interfaces.

-A

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E