[SR-Users] Terminate dialogs on [websocket:closed]

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:37:26 CET 2016

Hello,
I am using module websocket and it works very well.
However I would like to send BYE to the other end if event
[websocket:closed] happens.
>From the docs I can see websocket module itself doesn't provide for this.

I was considering doing something like this:
  - use module htable to match $si:$sp to dialogs
  - use event_route[dialog:start] to insert dialog info to my htable under
$si:$sp of Websocket side of the call
  - use event_route[dialog:end] to remove dialog info from htable
  - use event_route[websocket:closed] to iterate over entries in the htable
under key $si:$sp and call dlg_get() and dlg_bye().

Obs: in the above, there is a risk of losing some dialogs as insertion in
htable cannot be done atomically, but I am fine with it as it it not
expected to happen as WebSocket users would only infrequently generate
simultaneous calls.

However before going with this, I would like to ask for other possible
approaches.

Regards,
Takeshi