[SR-Users] Kamailio strange behaviour

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:34:19 CET 2016

You can always replace the real IP (and usernames/phone numbers) with
something else using a text editor, before posting to the mailing list.
If no details are given, it is hard to help.

Anyhow, in this case you provided some leads, respectively that you get
401 response. That could be because the password was wrong. You can run
kamailio with debug=3 and see what is printed when the phone fails to
register or use xlog() to print $rc after auth_check()..

On 05/02/16 12:27, Gholamreza Sabery wrote:
> All of my clients are behind NAT! Unfortunately I can not put my
> captures here. The strange thing here for me is that:
> 1- Desktop can always REGISTER with all of my usernames.
> 2- My android phones can REGISTER with some usernames! For example if
> I have a 12 and a 17 username Android Linphone can REGISTER with 12
> but not with 17. Kamailio will always return a 401 error. This thing
> only happens on Android Linphone.
>
> I captured packets for both scenarios but nothing is strange about
> packets! How is this even possible?!!
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     received and rport are added when the client is behind NAT. Can
>     you paste here the capture for the case that doesn't work? It will
>     help us to see what is wrong there, and if not, could be that the
>     mobile operator does some SIP ALG which breaks/blocks the sip, in
>     this case you have to switch to tls.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>
>     On 05/02/16 07:35, Gholamreza Sabery wrote:
>>     I am using Kamailio 4.1.x with NAT enabled. When I want to
>>     REGISTER using my desktop client which is Linphone everything is
>>     find with any username. But on Android some users can REGISTER
>>     and someusers can not. I captured SIP packets and the only
>>     difference between packets on Android devices and packets on
>>     Desktop client is that on my desktop "received" and "rport" are
>>     not added by Kamailio in response messages. Any idea on what is
>>     happening here?

>     --
>     Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>     http://twitter.com/#!/miconda <http://twitter.com/#%21/miconda> - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda