[SR-Users] Kamailio Cluster

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Feb 3 12:19:26 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 01:48:50PM +0330, Gholamreza Sabery wrote:
> Actually I think something is not clear here. Suppose I want to use two
> Kamailio servers such that a client which is registered on server A is able
> to call another client registered on server B. In this case I use DB_MODE
> 3. Both servers have access to location database but sockets are non-local
> and cleints are behind symmetric NATs.Now  only the server on which the
> client is registered and sent it's request to is able to respond(because of
> symmetric NAT). Is it possible to implement this scenario using Path header?

This is still ambigious, server B can't call the client due to nat, but
server B can call server A. The trick might be to add a Path header on
server A before save the register on server A. Or to use custom queries
to find out that the registered socket isn't local so send the invite to
the non local adress instead.

I asked similar questions:
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2015-April/087867.html

My final solution is using a really loadbalancer with static config,
which adds Path and dispatches to individual backends. Difference is
that server B doesn't INVITE to server A but to the loadbalancer for a
client registered on server A.