[SR-Users] Question on multiple 200OK received after forking

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:10:44 CET 2016

Hello,

well, the specs say that all 200ok must be forwarded to the caller,
because a middle point cannot decide for the user making the call. Even
sending an ACK for the 200ok from a middle point is not enough because
the callee of that branch will think it is in an active call.

The caller can take different actions, the usual is to ACK the 2nd 200ok
and then immediately send BYE. But it can also decide to end previous
branch and switch to this one (e.g., uses better codecs, or has video,
etc...).