[SR-Users] Local messages are malformed in Kamailio 4.4.X

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:09:56 CET 2016

On 01/12/2016 02:05, Mikko Lehto wrote:
> Helio Okuyama <hok.sh10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Local messages are malformed in Kamailio 4.4.X. For example after receiving
>> an error response (603) to an INVITE message, the ACK is generated with
>> header Max-Forwards concatenated to header CSeq and double CRLF, which is
>> wrong.
> Funny thing, I just discovered something with line endings as well
> when replying locally from config file.
>
> Kamailio seems to reply with mixed line terminators when flag --no-crlf
> is used with sipsak.
The specs require to be \r\n. Accepting only \n is and
SER-time-propagated extension in Kamailio from the early days of the
project when a lot of tests during the development was done by building
messages inside a text file and injecting it into the network. When a
response is built by kamailio, the needed headers from request that are
not changed are just copied. Everything else will get the standard \r\n.

So this is due to that flexibility and I think we are fine with this
behaviour given it happens only on very specific corner cases, mainly
for the testing.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 28-30, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com