[SR-Users] kamailio outgoing gateway

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Aug 31 11:08:52 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 01:08:22AM +0200, Andrzej Kaczmarczyk wrote:
> I have common, cheap TL-WR1043ND V1 router.
> For private purposes I've set kamailio voip on my own server INSIDE my LAN.
> Is it possible to connect to that server from outside, through openWRT
> router?
> Many tries, no success - too many jumps or something similar. I guess router
> should be fully transparent for sip protocol. How to manage it? is it
> possible at all?
> I don't ask how to do it in details on my router/openwrt (but if someone
> knows, it will be nice), but - is this possible to setup at all? should I
> try or search for resolution, or just give up with that idea?

Never had the need to try but it should work, you just need to advertise
your external public ip address in kamailio:
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/faq/main#can_kamailio_be_installed_behi

Search the mailing archive for "kamailio behind nat" or EC2 related
topics.

You'll also need an rtpproxy/engine that rewrites the advertised ip in
the SDP body.

As for configuring the router, forward udp/tcp port 5060 and the udp
ports used by the rtpprxy/engine to the internal server. That should be
rather obvious in OpenWRT, and AFAIK there is no SIP ALG you might need
to disable.