[SR-Users] Kamailio setting the reqeust URI

Vasiliy Ganchev vancecezar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:24:42 CEST 2016

NITESH BANSAL wrote
> Hello,I'm using Asterisk to originate a call via Kamailio.Request-URI in
> SIP INVITE coming from Asterisk looks like this<sip:

> kamailio at .x

> >But my objective is to use Kamailio to forward the call to a remote
> endpoint.
> What header should I put in the SIP INVITE from Asterisk to Kamailio to
> conveythat Kamailio should use this 'SIP URI' to route the call onwards.I
> tried 'Route' header, but it doesn't seem very clean, as kamailio doesn't
> updatethe Request-URI in the forwarded INVITE if I use the Route header.
> Thanks,Nitesh

If you need to change R-URI, than modify it in script logic (PV $ru - is
read/writable)
e.g. (random example, set your new_user, new_domain if want to change them.
Play around with it):
$ru = "sip:" + $var(new_user) + "@" $var(new_domain) +  ":" + $var(new_port)
+ ";transport=UDP" ;

If you need to route SIP request to destination that differ from R-URI - use
route header (as you already tried). Or use Destination URI PV - $du (it is
set, it is used for message routing, not R-URI). Both mentioned here does
not change R-URI.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!