[SR-Users] Kamailio with Radius authentication

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:48:13 CEST 2015

Hello,

run kamailio with debug=3 in kamailio.cfg and look inside syslog file --
you should see a lot of debug messages, try to spot if radius module
prints some hints about what is happening.

A really old tutorial, maybe still useful to read to understand some
concepts on this topic:

  - http://www.kamailio.org/docs/kamailio-radius-1.0.x.html

On 21/09/15 09:09, Ciolpan Ionut-Marian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to implement Kamailio with Radius authentication. To be more
> exactly I want to register SIP users (PhonerLite and/or Jitsi) based
> on the credentials stored in *radcheck* table from radius database.
>
> First of all, I have tried to register SIP users based on the
> credentials stored in *users* file from */etc/raddb* directory. In
> order to do this,I am using *auth_radius* module (you can find the
> content of my *kamailio.cfg* file in the attachements) but without
> success. All of the SIP users are registeres successfully even if they
> are not specified in users file.
>
> Can you provide me some help to achieve this task? and also, can you
> explain to me how should I do this authentication based on the
> credentials stored in radcheck table?
>
> The content of users file in /etc/raddb:
> *usertest at mydomain_name Auth-Type := Digest, User-Password == "*89Lob?p"*
> *        Reply-Message = "Authenticated"*
>

> Thank you for any help you can provide !
>
> Best regards
>

> PS: kamailio 4.0.5
>        freeradius 2.2.0
>        radclient 2.2.0
>
> PPS: I managed to register SIP users based on the credentials stored
> in subscriber table from kamailio db.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Sep 28-30, 2015, in Berlin - http://asipto.com/u/kat