[SR-Users] Kamailio presence shared DB_text

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:50:44 CEST 2015

Hello,

db_text is not a database engine with a replication mechanism, it is
just some basic DB API emulator using text files as storage. At runtime
all the records are in memory, so no sharing between instances is possible.

If you need replication/shared db, go for the well known ones like mysql
or postgres.

On 15/09/15 21:51, Ewgeny wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> We use Kamailio 4.2 for presence BLF with DB_TEXT.
> And i want to make cluster with a few Kamailio's presences, to load
> balance.
>
> Can you please tell me - is that possible to use same shared DB_TEXT
> database with 2 or more Kamailio servers ?
>
> modparam("presence", "subs_db_mode", 3)
> modparam ("presence","dburl","/tmp/share/dbtext")
>

> 1-st server will handle SUBSCRIBE's and this Subscribe's should be
> accessible also from 2-nd server.
> Then PUBLISH'es will be sent to both servers in round robin algorithm.
> Will Kamailio's work with one shared DB or - i'll got some errors ?
> Maybe i'm wrong somewhere ?
>

> Thanks in advance.
> Kind regards
> Ewgeny