[SR-Users] Kamailio + Rtpengine < - > Freeswitch + ZRTP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 11:36:15 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 03/09/15 13:17, Alexandru Covalschi wrote:
> Hello! Was trying to perfrom subj interconnection via
> http://kb.asipto.com/freeswitch:kamailio-3.3.x-freeswitch-1.2.x-sbс
> <http://kb.asipto.com/freeswitch:kamailio-3.3.x-freeswitch-1.2.x-sbc>
> via that guide.
> Kamailio and FS are on same host on Amazon EC2. The issue is - when I
> have proxy_media=true on FS, ZRTP is OK, but the leg_b user can't hear
> anything (but his voice is transmitted OK). When I set proxy-media to
> false the voice is OK, but something is with ZRTP so Jitsi can't
> establish ZRTP handshake. When I set bypass-media=true on FS both ZRTP
> and voice established, but quality is sometimes bad and the delay is
> too big.
>
> Anyone has any ideas? Kamailio 4.3, FS 1.4
I assume you use rtpengine just to proxy media, afaik, no zrtp
decryption/encryption support for it yet.

>From my point of view, the troubleshooting has to be done in freeswitch,
when it is involved in the media path -- try to run it with higher debug
level.

You mentioned that there is delay when freeswitch is bypassed for media
-- for this case you have to test the latency to rtpengine, sometimes
the virtual machines performs bad when they deal with a lot of small
network packets.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Sep 28-30, 2015, in Berlin - http://asipto.com/u/kat