[SR-Users] Thoughts on setup with Kamailio and FreeSWITCH

Michael Nielsen mic.niel84 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:23:33 CEST 2015

Hello everyone...

I'm testing various ways of setting up Kamailio and FreeSWITCH (as
VAS-handler).

I'm struggling a bit on what Kamailio should do and FreeSWITCH should do.

My basic setup is to handle voicemails, internal calls between subscribers
and outgoing calls to a SIP gateway to GSM.

My idea is to have Kamailio handle all calls and routing between
subscribers and the SIP gateway and only have FreeSWITCH handle voicemail
(to save the audio file and e-mail it).

How does that sound?

Or should I route everything to FreeSWITCH via Kamailio and have FreeSWITCH
route calls between subcsribers and SIP gateway as well?

What are best practises etc...?