[SR-Users] Kamailio memmory leak after it does not receive response for CANCEL message

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 01:03:17 CEST 2015

Hello,

I tried to reproduce the scenario, but couldn't get the leak, might be
specific for your config and use case.

Can you try the next steps, in order to check there is indeed a leak:

 - use kamailio 4.2
 - set memlog parameter in kamailio.cfg to a lower value than debug
parameter (e.g., memlog=1)
 - start kamailio and do the tests you expect to lead to the issue
 - stop sending traffic to kamailio (no more calls)
 - issue the command "kamcmd corex.shm_summary" and look in the syslog
file, grab the memory dump summary messages
 -  wait for 3 minutes (still with no traffic) and issue again "kamcmd
corex.shm_summary", grab again the summary from the syslog
 - send here the messages from the two summaries

On 30/08/15 06:05, Bui Minh Yen wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using Kamailio-4.1.5 and Kamailio-4.2.5 but with this both
> version I had a problem:
>
> Connection diagrams:
> SIP client ---- SBC --- Kamailio --- MGC/MGW --- GSM/PSTN subscriber
>
> Scenario:
> - Caller (SIP) make a new call to GSM (PSTN) subscriber
> - When GSM/PSTN is ringing or not ringing, Caller cancel call (Caller
> send CANCEL message)
> - But MGC does not send response message for CANCEL message
> - After about 120s (|fr_inv_timer), Kamailio send 487 Request
> Terminated to SBC.|
> |

> |From this time, Kamailio have memory leak (tm does not free
> transactions)|
> |

> |I reproduced this bugs 4-5 times and same problem is happen
> |

> I attached capture file and log when I show shared memory (using
> kamcmd core.shmmem) and tm statistics (using kamcmd tm.stats). And
> time Kamailio start memory leak is 08-30-15-10:18:53
>
> Could you help me solve this problem?
>
> Thank you so much!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla