[SR-Users] Add PSTN gateway with authentication credentials

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:59:03 CEST 2015

Hello,

the documentation of the uac module has the relevant bits in the example
of uac_auth() function:

  -
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/uac.html#uac.f.uac_auth()

In short, before relying to the PSTN gateway first time, set the
failure_route handler as in the example pointed above, then in the
failure route be sure the appropriate avps are set to the username and
password the PSTN gateway expects.

Note that there is a limitation with the above approach -- if the PSTN
gateway is doing CSeq strict checking (you should notice that after
sending the INVITE with credentials, the response is 500), then you have
to load the dialog module and enable cseq tracking and update for calls.
But try first with uac only, could be that the pstn gateway provider
uses a kamailio/ser based proxy for authentication.

On 01/09/15 09:50, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> So sorry, but do you know of any tutorial using the auc module for
> authenticating against a PSTN gateway?
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Michael Nielsen <mic.niel84 at gmail.com
> <mailto:mic.niel84 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Perfect, thanks.
>
>     On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Alexandru Covalschi
>     <568691 at gmail.com <mailto:568691 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Take a look at UAC module
>         http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.3.x/modules/uac.html#idp17340584
>         I don't know anything about hashing outgoing passwords, not
>         sure if it's possible. However here passwords are in database.

>         <mic.niel84 at gmail.com <mailto:mic.niel84 at gmail.com>>:
>
>             Any ideas on adding credentials to my PSTN gateway?
>
>             I would like to not have the password en clear text in my
>             kamailio.cfg but if it's not possible that's OK.
>
>             On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Michael Nielsen
>             <mic.niel84 at gmail.com <mailto:mic.niel84 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>                 I'm trying to use a PSTN gateway with Kamailio for
>                 outbound - and incoming - calls.
>
>                 Everything seems to be routed correctly, except the
>                 PSTN gateway denies the call due to missing
>                 authentication.
>
>                 How do I add credentials for my PSTN gateway in a
>                 secure way?
>
>                 Best regards,
>                 Michael

>         --
>         Alexandru Covalschi
>         ABRISS-Solutions
>         VoIP engineer and system administrator
>         phone: +37367398493 <tel:%2B37367398493>
>         web: http://abs-telecom.com/

Daniel-Constantin Mierla