[SR-Users] msilo dump with non 2xx answer

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:16:38 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 08/10/15 11:58, Péter Barabás wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I set instant message store&forward in kamailio using MSILO module. It
> works fine in many cases.
>
> We have special message handing (encryption in „session”), i do not go
> into detail since it is not necessarily to solve the problem.
>
> So there are situations, when the offline receiver  should get a
> MESSAGE and will acknowledge with 4xx status code, like 493: the
> original message is stored in silo table and when the receiver will be
> online, it will be dumped and he will send 493.
>

> Question: how can I delete the message from silo table with MSILO
> (since it is not 2xx) and how can i forward this ack message to the
> original sender instead kamailio?

Do I understand right that the MESSAGE sent by msilo is replied with 493
by recipient? In SIP, 200-299 are considered the codes for which a
recipient accepts the request. Any particular reason for the client to
send 493?

Anyhow, the patch to msilo should not big -- change inside function
m_tm_callback() from modules/msilo/msilo.c for which code to set the
MS_MSG_DONE flag.

The SIP response cannot forwarded to initial sending entity, because it
lacks appropriate Via headers, but more important it will not have a
request generated by that entity. You can have a NOTIFY request
generated by kamailio sent to the entity to inform that its message was
delivered.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla