[SR-Users] Kamailio-Asterisk real-time integration with Dynamic IP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:09:09 CEST 2015

Hello,

forgot about this email after I saw it -- thanks for sharing, I
appreciate any contribution to documentation and tutorials. I am sure it
will be helpful for others looking at same topology for
kamailio-asterisk integration.

If you want, you can create a tutorial with your version on the wiki
from kamailio.org.

On 16/08/15 19:54, Rudy Eschauzier wrote:
> All,
>
> The Kamailio-Asterisk integration that is described here
>
> asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb [Asipto - SIP
> and VoIP Knowledge Base Site]
> <http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb>
>
> is limited to Asterisk servers with a fixed IP address. The reason is
> that Kamailio identifies and authorizes traffic from Asterisk based on
> the source IP address. Attached is a patch to kamailio.cfg that adds
> support for dynamic Asterisk hosts. It introduces the option to define
> a fully-qualified domain name instead of the IP address to identify
> the Asterisk server. The host name can be dynamically updated to
> always point at the (changing) IP address of the Asterisk server.
> Defining WITH_ASTERISK_FQDN enables the new option.
>
> When WITH_ASTERISK_FQDN is set, Kamailio will perform a DNS search on
> the host name in the asterisk.bindhost variable. It will authorize
> incoming traffic if it originates from one of the IP addresses the DNS
> lookup returns (and matches the asterisk.bindport variable as before).
>
> Furthermore, the patch introduce the option to automatically set the
> IP address of the server that Kamailio is running on. This does away
> with the need to properly define kamailio.bindip on every server that
> the configuration is running on. This option is enabled by defining
> WITH_AUTOIP.
>
> With the suggested changes I have been able to successfully run an
> Asterisk server in my home, having a dynamic public IP address and
> connecting to the Kamailio proxy on a VPS server with a static IP addres.
>
> Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.
>
> Kind regards,
> Rudy Eschauzier.
>

> image
> <http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb>
>

> asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb [...
> <http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb>
>
> Table of Contents Kamailio 4.0.x and Asterisk 11.3.0 Realtime
> Integration using Asterisk Database Architecture Registration Call
> Initiation Requirements MySQL Insta...
>
> View on kb.asipto.com
> <http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb>
>
> Preview by Yahoo