[SR-Users] kamailio's Makefile system : Enabling CFLAGS/LDFLAGS for udp_server.c

aft aftnix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 08:33:08 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm doing some experimentation on kamailio's udp_server.c. Now i need
libpcre for that. So i first thought if i enable the regex module, the
CFLAGS/LDFLAGS would be available from udp_server.c. But it turns out
it doesn't build(doesn't *link* to be more precise).

Kamailio's build system is pretty unfamiliar for me. Although i
absolutely hate autotools based build system(I prefer Scons), but i'm
pretty familiar with these. But Kamailio's build system is pretty much
cryptic for me(Is it based on CMake?).

There is a page on devel wiki for kamailio's build system. it turns
out i can do stuff like :

make cfg prefix=/opt/kamailio \
     SCTP=1 \
     CC_EXTRA_OPTS=-I/usr/gnu/include \
     group_include="standard postgres presence" \
     include_modules="snmpstats lcr tls"

So there might be a LD_EXTRA_OPTS or stuff like that. Which than would
be defined (I guess) globally so the core c files(like udp_server.c)
would be able to use that. One way i guess would be to sharpen my
egrep and find that variable name. But it all feels a bit hacky. As i
have already included regex module, there should be a way to reuse the
CFLAGS/LDFLAGS for that module for core files like udp_server.c.

Cheers
Arif