[SR-Users] Simple User Agent change

Steven Maddox s.maddox at lantizia.me.uk
Tue Nov 24 12:25:35 CET 2015

Hi,

I do not know if it supports Path extension.  I am looking for a
solution which doesn't require knowledge of the PBX anyway, so the PBX
could be anything.

/-------\      /----------\      /-----\
| Phone | ---> | Kamailio | ---> | PBX |
\-------/      \----------/      \-----/

In this set up... any/all communications between Phone and PBX that
would normally be direct - are preserved entirely.  The only thing I
want Kamailio to do is change the user agent that the Phone is appearing
to use, allowing it to register with the strict/fussy PBX.

I am wondering if this means the Phones configuration has to use for a
registration server/outbound proxy... an IP/hostname of Kamailio's.

Or if perhaps the Phones configuration can stay the same (as though
Kamailio wasn't there and it directly connected to the PBX... and
Kamailio acts silently in a transparent bridge on a port perhaps?

I'd like to try what you've previously suggested, but it is just way too
over my head at this early stage in my knowledge  of Kamailio.  Is there
something simpler I can start with an work my way up?

Steven Maddox