[SR-Users] listening on multiple port

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:26:04 CET 2015

On 02/11/15 15:25, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Monday 02 November 2015 15:08:16 Thibault Gueslin wrote:
>> Thank you for your answer.
>>
>> However in my case (4.3.3 with tcp enabled), the 2 lines with port neither
>> lines with 0.0.0.0 are working.
> Well, if you want tcp you need to add that as listen proto. Making my answer
> that listen... is equivalent to port untrue, since you have to add a lister
> per protocol you need.
>
> I have the following in a config (4.2.6):
>
> # grep -e ^listen -e ^port kamailio.cfg
> listen=udp:0.0.0.0:5060
> listen=udp:0.0.0.0:5062
> listen=tcp:0.0.0.0:5060
> listen=tcp:0.0.0.0:5062
>
> Starting this kamailio shows:
> # kamailio
> Listening on
>              udp: 0.0.0.0:5060
>              udp: 0.0.0.0:5062
>              tcp: 0.0.0.0:5060
>              tcp: 0.0.0.0:5062
>
> netstat/lsof tell me kamailio is listening on al specified ports.

If people find it useful, I can extend the code so that port global
parameter becomes a list instead of a single value. Although I didn't
need it so far (even at some point I thought it is a list already, but
code proved to be different), it looks like some people would like to
have this option.

Of course, that will break the current behaviour that setting the port
second time will overwrite previous value, so the question would be if
someone thinks that has to stay... anyone?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 30-Dec 2, Berlin - http://asipto.com/kat