[SR-Users] Invalid SDP line (no '=' delimiter) error !

Badri Ranganathan badri at arcatech.com
Thu May 28 16:19:42 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am answering a SIP call made to my softphone. The softphone rings and also sends a 200 OK correctly. But the other end that made the call is seeing a failure in the SDP of the 200 OK packet.

This error is seen in SDP header => Invalid SDP line (no '=' delimiter) error

w.r.t w_frame4_public_ip.pcap It looks like the failure as seen in wireshark is because  line "audio 5000 RTP/AVP 8 101" should really be "m= audio 5000 RTP/AVP 8 101"
so it doesn't see the '=' delimiter.

But if you look at w_frame52_local_ip.pcap, the packets sent from the local IP has the contents correct.

It is only after passing the public IP and at the network premises, that this failure is reported by the Session Border controller.

I am not able to understand why a correctly formed packet sent out is seen "corrupted" at the network end.

Any ideas really appreciated.

Thanks,
Badri.