[SR-Users] Kamailio authentication method

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:08:52 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 07/05/15 09:49, Mathys Frédéric wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
>

> Thank you for your answer, this is exactly what I need. Modification
> of the auth module seems to be a better solution, but this lead to
> some questions for me…
>
> -          Could you explain a little bit how the auth module is
> working? Which files do I have to modify to change the hash method?

It is hard to remember by heart or explain here -- but in short, what I
would do is to identify where the MD5 hashing is done and from there try
to add an alternative for shaX.

> -          If I used another auth_* module to get username / password,
> the modification in  the auth module is enough for the
> www_authentication? In other words, the authentication is always done
> in this module? Even If I use auth_radius or auth_diameter or a
> self-made auth_* module?

Some of those modules might be touched as well, given, for example, that
auth_db can already retrieve the hashed value from the database. IIRC,
radius auhentication sends all the attributes for authentication to
radius and radius server does all the computation for check.

As a first step, I would focus on auth module for pv_auth_check() which
takes the password or the hashed value as parameter.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015