[SR-Users] Kamailio authentication method

Mathys Frédéric frederic.mathys at nagra.com
Thu May 7 15:38:07 CEST 2015

Still on the subject, we are exploring the possibilities and one of them would be to use the diameter module. As stated in the documentation :
"NOTE: diameter support was developed for DISC (DIameter Server Client project at http://developer.berlios.de/projects/disc/). This project seems to be no longer maintained and DIAMETER specifications were updated in the meantime. Thus, the module is obsolete and needs rework to be usable with opendiameter or other DIAMETER servers."
Is it planned to update this module on your side on not?

One other solution would be to write our own module to connect to another server (which contains the users/passwords and calculate the HA1 and HA2 values), tcp layer would still be done by auth module. To do that, is there a spec on how to communicate with auth module? And any documentation on custom module development and deployment? The principle would be more or less the same as diameter, but maybe our server would not use radius nor diameter protocols.

By doing it, we try to reach two goals : use SHA instead of MD5 and increase the security of the user management by hosting it in a different way as Kamailio does.

Thank you,
Frederic