[SR-Users] Kamailio authentication method

Mathys Frédéric frederic.mathys at nagra.com
Wed May 6 16:28:04 CEST 2015

Hello,

In my scenario with a Kamailio server, I have a VOIP client connecting to the server which, for some reasons, cannot calculate MD5 hashes but only SHA. In this situation, would it be possible to change the authentication algorithm by either modifying Kamailio scripts or writing an external module to do that?

As far as I know, the authentication response is calculated as follow (standard HTTP Digest authentication) :

HA1=MD5(username:realm:password)

HA2=MD5(method:digestURI)

response=MD5(HA1:nonce:HA2)

For that, I have to save ha1 and ha1b values in the DB with the SHA function directly (with a trigger for example), and then change the authentication method too.
What is the best solution to do that? Does a module already exists?

Thank you!

Frederic Mathys
System Integration & Validation