[SR-Users] RFC: Config files installation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:20:02 CEST 2015

Hello,

cross posting to get heads up of everyone that wants to join the
discussion, however, do reply to sr-dev at lists.sip-router.org, being more
related to development and project files structure.

At this moment we install three kamailio configuration files:

- kamailio.cfg - the default one to be used when starting kamailio
- kamailio-basic.cfg - a more simple version of configuration
- kamailio-advanced.cfg - a more complex version (equivalent of
kamailio-oob.cfg in etc/ source tree)

Somehow it was suggested that apart of kamailio.cfg, the other files
belong more to the docs (shared) folder (where we put INSTALL, README,
etc), because they are not actually used as configuration files by
kamailio installation (one has to change either init.d script or copy
over kamailio.cfg). Also, some are confused not knowing if they are used
or not at runtime.

Shall we relocate where those files are deployed by installation?

Another point: we deploy the radius dictionary with the core. I think it
should be deployed by a radius module and be part of radius modules
package. The question is which module should deploy it? Is auth_radius
fine for everyone? Alternative would be acc_radius.

To complete the cleanup of etc/ folder in the source code, I think the
sip-router*.cfg files should me moved to examples/, at quick look they
are invalid, using paths to old ser modules, no longer available at this
moment (therefore I guess nobody is using them).

Opinions and other suggestions are very welcome!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015