[SR-Users] Regarding IMS/RCS complaint clients for Kamailio IMS/RCS server

Camille Oudot camille.oudot at orange.com
Mon Mar 23 11:40:01 CET 2015

Hi,

> 1.What are the IMS and RCS based clients available to test on Kamailio
> IMS/RCS server?

you can use the following android application:

https://rcsjta.googlecode.com/git/sdk-joyn/index.html

> 2.On browsing for Kamailio Installation,I found below 3 different
> links,please suggest me which one to be followed.

The 2 first links are IMS specific instructions, i think they
complement each other.

The third link is a generic kamailio install from sources tutorial,
that you won't need if you use RPMs or .deb packages.

> https://loadmultiplier.com/node/76
> http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/tutorials/ims/installation-howto
> http://kamailio.org/wiki/install/4.2.x/git

> 3.From the first link above,I see there are separate steps mentioned
> to install CSCF nodes and HSS but where I find no information for
> setting up RCS AS(application server) module.Please let me know on
> this.

There is no RCS AS function in kamailio, this has to be a separate
server. Unfortunately there is no freely available RCS AS to my
knowledge. But fortunately, most use cases of RCS don't absolutely
require an AS to work, only the groupchat scenario needs one.

--
Camille